Inserting pictures into content pages (what size are they?)
Here are the steps:
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab and the homepage.
- Select the Edit link at the top of the page. The homepage editor opens.
- Click on the content area where you would like to insert an image. Then select the Photo Chooser icon in the top row to the right in the TinyMCE editor.
- You can select from Photos in Library. We will select the tab Upload a Photo.
- Step 1, Choose Files to Upload. Select the Choose Files or Browse button. A browser chooser opens. Choose the photo you plan to upload and press Open. You can choose more than one file at a time to upload by pressing CTRL and choosing more images. Complete step 2 by selecting the copyright checkbox. If you are not authorized to use a file or share it with the public you should not upload it to your website. This authorization reminds users of proper usage guidelines and protects netAdventist from unauthorized use. Then on step 3 select Start Upload. Note: If you use the simple uploader you can only choose one file at a time to upload.
- The newly uploaded image now appears in the tab Photos in Library. Select the checkbox by the image you would like to insert and then select the size you would like it to be. Select Insert. You can go back and change the size by deleting the image and using the Photo Chooser again.
- You also have the option to customize the dimensions with the Insert/Edit Image tool as well as set alignment and add borders. To maintain image quality, reduce the size of a larger image rather than increasing the size of a smaller image. Select the image you have inserted. The Insert/Edit Image icon will be highlighted in the second row of the TinyMCE editor. Select it and fill in the settings as desired. Select the Update button when done.
- Click the Save button at the bottom if you are finished making changes.
- Select View Site in the upper right to see the image you have inserted.
Slideshows and the Banner Image Widget also allow you to publish images on your netAdventist website. Another netAdventist feature is Photo Albums. Refer to the Slideshows, Banner Image Widget, and/or Photo Albums training videos for further instructions if needed.