The Announcements extension provides a place where you and your members can post information on your website bulletin-board style.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in to your website and select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated the Announcements in Extensions, go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select Announcements from the Left navigation bar. Notice that Announcements opens a dropdown revealing additional Announcement options and the Announcements index screen in the center.
- Select the button in the top right labeled Add Announcement.
- Fill in the required fields to complete your Announcement entry. Add a Title. Select a Publish Date and an Expiration Date. Add content using the editor. Scroll down and set the access level of "Who can view this page?".
- Select Publish or Save as draft. Drafts are viewable by selecting the Drafts folder in the navigation bar under Announcements.
- To see what your announcement looks like, select Edit next to a Draft title and select the gold Preview button to view it. A new tab or window will open showing the changes made in a preview screen before it is actually published. Select the [Close Preview] link at the top of the preview page.
- Return to the Announcements index page. Select the Publish button of your new announcement. The announcement is moved into the Published folder in the left navigation bar under Announcements.
- When finished displaying an announcement, move it to the Archive folder by selecting the Move to archive button. The announcement is moved to the Archive folder in the navigation bar.
- If the announcement needs to be republished, go to the archive folder and select the announcement you want republished then click on the Publish button. The announcement is moved to the Published folder in the navigation bar.
- If an announcements menu item has not been created, one will need to be added. Refer to the Main Menu training video for further instructions if needed. You can see the Announcements in this example by clicking View Site and on the Main Menu select Announcements.
- Announcements can also be entered from the front by a member that is logged in. Once on the announcements index page, select Submit at the top. A box will open with a simple editor so that announcements can be entered by the member. You can edit the Publish Date and Expiration Date. When finished, scroll to the bottom and select Save. It will be submitted to the Pending folder for review. A site administrator will have to approve the submission before it can be published.
- In the dashboard, select the Pending folder to approve an announcement article submitted from the frontend then select the gold Publish button to publish it.
- You can see the Announcements entered from the front by clicking View Site. On the Main Menú, select Announcements. Another option is to add an Announcement widget to your homepage. Refer to the Widgets training video for further instructions if needed.