Embedding a streaming video
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- Select Edit on the Homepage or select Content pages from the left navigation bar, then choose the one you want to edit.
- Select the HTML icon in the second row of editing tools available. Another window opens called the HTML Source Code editor.
- At this point you will need to obtain the HTML code from a website to embed it into your Content. Note: Not all websites with live streaming video will have a HTML code available for you to embed on your page. But if they do it will either be provided directly to you on the page or it will be a function of their streaming video player they have on their site. In this example we will be adding a video from YouTube to your netAdventist website. In another tab or browser window, go to youtube.com and select a video. Select the Share button below the video.
- In the box that opens, select the icon Embed, copy the iFrame code with a Ctrl C or Command C depending what computer you are using. Return to your netAdventist tab or browser window with your editor open to the Source Code and paste in the code you copied with a Ctrl V or Command V depending what computer you are using. Once finished, select the blue Save button.
- Then select the green Save button at the top or bottom of the editing page.
- Select View Site on the top right to see the embedded streaming video.
Note: Depending on the parameters, the video feed window may not fit well. To adjust the size of the video window, go back into the HTML Source Code editor, adjust the height and width values to change the size. Select Save and View Site and repeat until you find the size that works best.