You can add multiple blogs with commentable posts to your netAdventist website.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated Blogs in Extensions, go to Settings and activate them. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select Blogs from the left navigation bar.
- Select the Overview folder in the dropdown. The first time you use the blog extension the Overview page will be the first page you see. After Blog folders have been created you will only need to select the Overview folder to make new Blog folders.
- Select the Create a Blog button in the top right of your screen.
- A new window opens asking for a title. Give your Blog a title and select the Create Blog button. The Blog Settings page is displayed.
- Enter a description for your blog and create your templates for the Blog, Posts and Archives pages. Note: (For help on creating a template see the Templates training video.) Select Save at the top or bottom right of the page.
- Select the Add a Post button in the top right corner. This will add an entry into your new blog folder you just created. Enter a title for this post and add the body of your post. Notice that you have a full editor to work with, the same editor as in content pages. Note: (For help on how to use the editor, see the TinyMCE Editor training video.)
- Choose a Summary option. Select Use Full Post if you wish to display the whole post body or select the Create a custom summary for this post if you wish people to see something different.
- Scroll to the bottom of your new post page and add Tags. Tags are helpful when searching through posts when you have a lot of them. You can have the same tags in several posts with similar categories. You don't have to add tags unless you feel you’re going to have a lot of posts in each Blog folder.
- Choose to allow comments to your post or not. This setting allows you to either have an interactive blog or simply a read only blog. Note: The Comments Extension must be turned on for the comments fields to show in the blog extension.
- Select Publish to create your entry. You are taken to the Blog folder index view. To edit this post or other posts select the Edit link associated with the post.
- When finished select Publish Changes. Your post entry has been saved and added to the Blog index.
- To add a category, select the Categories folder from the left navigation bar under Blogs. Select the Add a Category button from the top right of your screen. Add the Name and Description, then select the button Add category.
- Displaying your Blog option 1. You can use a menu item or a link on a content page using the Link Chooser icon to access the blog page and blog posts. For further instructions see the Main Menu or TinyMCE Editor training videos.
- Displaying your Blog option 2. You can access blogs with a widget. Choose from Blog Posts and Blog Tags. Note: You will need to have a Category to be able to use the Blog Tags widget. For further instructions see the Widgets training video. These widgets require editing to display properly which includes selecting the blog you want to post.
- Go to your homepage and view the menu item, link or widget you just added. Now select the Blog. You will be taken to the blog folder where you will see the post added and a comments field if commenting is allowed for this Blog post. For further instructions on Commenting see that training video. Both the Blog extension and the Comments extension can work independently of each other allowing you to use just blogs or just comments. By default all blog entries are public.