The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated the Store in Extensions go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select the Store tab at the top of the dashboard page.
- Click on Store Setup on the left navigation bar.
- The first page shows the Settings of the Store Setup where you provide a contact email and select other options. Select the Next button and enter your store, shipping, and return policies and contact information. When finished, click Save.
- Next select Payment Gateways on the left navigation bar. You will be taken to Settings-Payment Gateways. netAdventist uses Paypal Pro or PayPal Express for payments. If you need to create a payment gateway account, visit the corresponding website and create an account. The email used in the contact email field should be the same as the one for your payment gateway account. Once you have created a payment gateway account go back to your netAdventist website. Select a Payment Gateway from the drop-down options. Click the blue button Add Payment Gateway and enter the email and API information from your payment gateway account in fields provided. If you wish, you can create a test account by selecting the Test Mode checkbox. This will allow you to test transactions without making real purchases.
- Select the Store tab again at the top and Sales Tax in the left navigation bar. Select the blue Add Sales Tax button. Select the Country and either the State or Postal Code, whichever is applicable. Enter Sales tax for your area. Enter a name for the type of tax, select if sales tax applies to shipping and choose a sales tax status. Select Save. The Edit button on the right allows you to make changes as needed.
- Select Shipping Rates in the left navigation bar. Add a title and choose a rate.
- Select Shipping Zones in the left navigation bar. Unselect any countries you do not ship to.
- Select Email Templates in the left navigation bar. You can select Edit on the Receipts and Order Notification.
- Select Product Categories from the left navigation bar. Select Add Product Category on the right. Enter a Title then select the Add Category button. You will need to add product categories first so you can add products to a category. Think of categories that best suit your products.
- Select Products from the left navigation bar. Select from the options in the left navigation bar which will include the categories you have created. Select Add Product. Enter name, category (you can add a category here), product image (you can choose from images in the file library or upload a new image), and description. Select whether or not this is a featured product. Give your product a SKU number. This is a unique number associated with your product. Depending on the number of products you plan to enter will determine the number of digits in your SKU number. Select Next.Give your product a price and select whether it is taxable. Enter a shipping cost and the quantity of products you have available. Select Save.
- Repeat the last step for entering a downloadable product or a donation. A downloadable product is considered a virtual product like a digital picture, audio file or digital document that is not physical. These products will be downloadable by a purchaser once the order payment have been approved.
- Select Orders from the left navigation bar. Once you are using the store this is where orders will be displayed. There are folders for Open, Funds Verified, Shipped, and Cancelled orders.
- Select Store Files from the left navigation bar. This is where you can upload store files.
- Create a store access point by adding a main menu, content page link or widget. Review the main menu, content pages or widgets training videos for further instructions if needed.
- Once you have an access point to the front end, select view site and go to the store page. Featured items will always be displayed first. In the right sidebar is a list of your categories and products available. By selecting a product you will be taken to a page displaying that product and the choice to add it to the shopping cart.
- When an order is placed, the transaction will be sent to the selected payment gateway. The transaction will be displayed in the Funds Verified subfolder under the Orders folder under the Store tab in the dashboard. Once the payment is verified, approve the product. Once it is approved, an email will be sent to the purchaser stating that their order has been approved.
Note: Payment verification is the responsibility of the webmaster or store owner and not netAdventist.