The Adventist Review widget
netAdventist 3.0 has a widget that displays current articles from the Adventist Review. The Adventist Review is a publication of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that covers news and feature stories affecting the world-wide church community. To display the Adventist Review on your site, you must turn on the Adventist Review extension and add the widget to a content page template.
- Log into your netAdventist 3.0 site.
- Go to the Dashboard and select the Settings tab from the top of the screen.
- Select Extensions from the left navigation menu.
- Activate the Adventist Review extension by selecting the Activate link on the right side of the Adventist Review extension.
- Select the Website Pages tab from the top of your screen. The default page that displays in the Home page edit. If you would like to have the Adventist Review widget on a different content page, select Content Pages from the left navigation menu and then select the content page you wish to edit from the list.
- At the Home page edit screen, select the Edit link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the edit screen and select the Edit Templates and Widgets link from Page Properties.
- A wizard will open for editing templates and adding or removing widgets.
- Select Next twice to get to the Customize Templates with Widgets tab.
- Select the Click Here to Add Widgets link in one of the yellow containers.
- Check the box beside the Adventist Review widget, then select the Add Widget button at the top of the container.
- Now select the blue link on the Adventist Review widget you just added.
- A window will open with several categories that you can set.
- You will need to select the format you wish the news articles to display in, as well as the number of artcles you want showing at a time.
- Select Done.
- Return to the Home page of your site and view the Adventist Review widget.