E-commerce through Forms
netAdventist provides a way to sell products or pay to attend an event on your website using PayPal. To do so you may create an E-commerce Form. See the Forms training video for further instructions if needed.
- We will begin in the Site Content tab, Forms in the left navigation bar. Select Edit next to an existing form and go to Step 2 Form Fields.
- Select the Add link next to the e-commerce field. The field is added to the Forms fields preview area.
- Move your cursor on to the gray E-commerce field you just created, in the top right corner you will see an X and an Edit link. Select Edit.
- Scroll down to ‘Customize E-commerce field’ Step 1, What label should appear on this field in the form? Add a name for your e-commerce form.
- Step 2, Payment Details choose from the dropdown options. netAdventist uses PayPal Express (Standard PayPal) or PayPal Pro for payments. If you need to create a PayPal Express or PayPal Pro account, visit PayPal.com and create an account. The email used in the contact email field should be the same as the one for your PayPal account. Select the Payment Options Account type by selecting it in the dropdown list and then choose your Currency.
- Step 3, Product Description. Add your product information such as Description, price, quantity etcetera. To do this use the key in the entry field. The numbers in the key correspond to the descriptions below. Use the concatenation marks to separate each category. By default the product description field has, "No description provided|0.0|0.0|on|0|off|off". Using the key, change fields between the concatenation marks. Ex. Test Product No.1|12.00|8.25|on|1|off|off so test product represents the name, 12 represents the price, 8.25 is the tax, the text field where you would enter quantity is on so you can enter a quantity, the default quantity is 1, the quantity field Locked is off so a customer can enter a larger amount than one ,and the quantity field required is off so a customer doesn't have to enter anything to submit the request.
- Step 4, Field Name. Enter a name you would like to use to access the data once the form has been processed.
- Once you have edited your fields select Save. Review the item information you entered in step 2. Mouse over and select Edit in the upper right of the form field to make any corrections needed.
- Continue with the process for completing a form. See the Forms training video for further instructions if needed.
When a customer uses the E-commerce form, the transaction will go to PayPal. After they have made a purchase, an email will be sent to you requesting that you visit your PayPal account and verify the purchase. These responses will go to the email entered in the Email Notifications section when you created your form.