Visitors to your website can submit requests for prayer through the Prayer Requests extension in netAdventist. These prayer requests can then be used to create an e-mail prayer chain. When site visitors submit a prayer request on your site, they can choose if they want it displayed on your site or kept private. They also can choose whether they want their prayer request e-mailed to the prayer chain or not. Note that before the request can be displayed on your site or sent to the prayer chain, a site administrator must first approve it.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven’t already activated Prayer Requests in Extensions go to Settings and Activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select Prayer Requests from the left navigation bar.
- The Published prayer request index is displayed. Approved Prayer requests are displayed. Approved prayer requests can be added to a email prayer chain or posted on the website. You can also add a Prayer Request here from within the dashboard.
- Select the Pending folder from the left navigation bar. All new prayer requests come in as pending. The site admin reviews prayer request and approves them or denies them by deleting them after reviewing.
- Select Publish. Note: Submitted request can be seen on the Prayer Request page if the requester selects the post on website checkbox when a request is submitted. It is the site admin’s decision whether to show a prayer request on the site or not. You can select Edit on a Prayer Request and uncheck the check box or edit the content to be published then Save.
- Select the Prayer Chain folder from the left navigation bar. Add emails to the list by selecting Add Recipients to Prayer Chain.
- Enter an email account for someone who will be added to the prayer chain and select Add Recipient. Emails accounts added here will receive an email for each approved prayer request that has the Prayer Chain check box selected when a new prayer request is entered.
- Select Done when finished.
- Select the Settings folder from the left navigation bar. An editor will open allowing you to change the Introduction and the Confirmation Message seen on the prayer request page. Select Save when done.
- For users to access the prayer request form, add Prayer Requests to your Main Menu, to a Menu Widget or to a link in a Content Page. Please refer to the training videos for Main Menu, Menu Widget, or Content Pages for further instructions if needed.
- Once Prayer Requests are turned on and a menu or content page link is created, people visiting your site will be able to go to the Prayer Requests page. They will select Submit a Prayer Request. This will take them to the prayer request form that is hard coded in netAdventist. After they fill in the prayer request form and select post on the web and/or the prayer chain check boxes, they will select Save.