Google analytics can be added to your netAdventist site to collect data and view website traffic.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Choose the Google Features from the left navigation bar.
- Step 1. Select the link Go to the Google Analytics website (http://www.google.com/analytics). (Right click and open in a new tab.) You will be taken to the Google Analytics page outside of your netAdventist website.
- Select Analytics at the top of the page. You are taken to Google analytics setup page where you can create a Google Analytics account. Select Sign Up For Free then on the next page select the button Sign up. This is Step 2.
- You will need to add the Google analytics HTML code to each page on your site to collect data for that page. Copy the code with ctrl "C" or by right clicking with your mouse and then select Copy. Start with your homepage. Go to the Site Content tab and select Home, then Edit.
- In the Editor above the area to add content select the tool that has the letters HTML on it.
- The content page editor will switch to showing the HTML script for your webpage. Put your curser on the very top line and press enter. In the space you provided at the top of the script paste with ctrl "V" your Google HTML code into the field. Then press Save.
- You can repeat the same process for content pages that you would like to get analytical data for.
- To view your analytical data return to your Google analytics page and view the data there. This can easily be done by returning to your setting page on the dashboard, selecting Google Features then selecting the link View website traffic on Google Analytics link.
- Sign into your Personal Info page using your Google email sign on.
- Scroll down and select Go to Google Dashboard. Under Your Google services, select Analytics, then Go To Analytics and the data page will open. Note: Google states that it will take up to 24 hours for your data to start showing.
For advanced tracking, here are some helpful links for creating more specific Google Analytics Tracking.
Where can I find my tracking code from within my Google Analytics account?
How do I track all of the subdomains for my site in separate profiles?