External Feeds (RSS/Atom Feeds Widget)
You are allowed to display information from other websites on your netAdventist site by adding an external RSS/Aton feed to your website pages using the External Feeds Widget.
The new training video hasn't been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated the External Feeds in Extensions, go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Select the Theme and templates link from the left navigation bar.
- Add an External Feeds widget to the template you choose. See the Widgets training video for further instructions if needed.
- Now select the link on the External Feeds widget you just added. A window opens with several categories that you can set. Choose your desidred settings. There is a box allowing you to add a URL website address to your widget. Most popular sites will have RSS link buttons on their sites for you to get the correct URL. Once you have the correct URL, just copy and paste it into the External Feeds widget. The websites where the RSS is coming from will keep the widget up to date with the currenet content from that site. Select Done to save. The box disappears.
- Select Save at the top or bottom of the widgets page.
- Select View Site at the top right of your page. You are taken to your live home page where you can view the widget you just added.